The objecive of the scheme is to provide suitable accommodation to the domestic and foreign tourists interested in eco, adventure, wildlife, and pilgrimage tourism. The growing footfall of tourists in Punjab has increased the requirement of accommodation units at different tourist destinations. Since permanent construction in the protected areas is either not permissible or not feasible, therefore, in order to meet the demand of tourists, camping facilities and tented accommodation can be a good option. However in such cases, the factor like comfort, accessibility and security etc are needed to be ensured.
Classification of Tented Accommodation
The Tented Accommodation and Camping Sites Scheme is categorized as follows.
The application for registration under the scheme can be filled for a minimum of 5 tents & maximum of 15 tents provided that the area is not less than 2 acres. The applicant can apply for 10 additional tents for every additional acre of land subject to the maximum of 50 tents.
A non refundable application fee shall be payable for registration of Tented Accommodation and Camping Sites Scheme.
For Standard Category
For Deluxe Category
Duration of Certificate:
Submission of the periodic reports
The owners of the registered unit will fill self declaration every three years on the facilities being provided. The self declaration will be filled by the units on 15 January once every three years or on 15th January of the third year after the first declaration, whichever comes earlier.
The owners of the registered unit shall submit a quartely report about the number of guests served, on the prescribed performa to CEO, PHTPB through online system.
List of Document to be uploaded online:
- Application form duly filled (online).
- Checklist of facilities duly filled (online). Mandatory
- Signed Declaration (online). Mandatory
- Additional relevant background information, if any
- Coloured photographs of the property and the units/tents proposed to be let out. Mandatory
- An affidavit that due assistance of medical help and transportation facility shall be provided to the visitor/tourist in case of any health emergency. Mandatory
- Copy of ownership documents of the property duly attested by a Group - A
officer or a Public Notary. Copy of Jamabandi / Fard / Mutation Mandatory
- Photo Identity Proof (Driving License/Passport/Voter Card/Govt. ID Card, Ration Card, PAN Card, Pensioner Card, Freedom Fighter Card ) Mandatory
- a) For public/private limited company, (Attach a copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association) Mandatory
- b) For partnership, (a copy of Partnership Deed and certificate of registration) Mandatory
- c) For proprietary concern, (Name and address of proprietor/certificate of registration) Mandatory
- d) For private ownership, (a copy of PAN Card and ownership proof) Mandatory
- The applicant shall attach self-cerfied copies of the approvals by:
- District Collector in case of Private Land.Mandatory
- Concermed department (in case of Government land) for operating the Tented Accommodation/Camping site unit.Mandatory
- if classified earlier, a copy of the earlier certificate of classification issued by PHTPB.Mandatory
- Payment of fee online. Mandatory
Issuance of TAC Certificate
Certificates will be issued by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) , PHTPB